This recipe is homemade corned Beef Hash. Chop it and fry up with the boiled potatoes and serve with runny fried egg for the breakfast.
Or don’t wait for leftovers. making this one hash is good enough reason to make a corned beef in the first place.
ADD FEW EGGS!
You can not have it without few eggs, right?? You can add the eggs in two ways:
1. First Fry/ poach a few eggs in separate pan and serve them along with your hash.
2. Make few nests in your pan of corn beef & crack the eggs into them. Now Cover the pan for a few min until the whites gets set, and then serve the eggs & hash together.
- Prepairation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 20 min
- Yield: Servesings 4-6
If you have leftover cabbage feel free to chop that up as well and add it to the hash.
- 2- 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cups of finely chopped cooked corned beef
- 2-3 cups chopped cooked potatoes
- Salt & pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
1 ) onions in butter:- Heat the butter in a large skillet prefer using cast iron on medium heat. Add the onion & cook for few minutes, until gets translucent.
2) Add potatoes & corned beef : -Mix the chopped corned beef & potatoes. Spread it out evenly over the pan. now Increase the heat to high or medium high & press down on the mixture with a metal spatula.
3) Cook until brown color, then flip it :- Do not stir these potatoes & corned beef, but let them brown. Now If you hear them sizzling, this is good.
Use the metal spatula to peek underneath and see that if they are browning. If nicely browned, then use the spatula to flip sections over in the pan ,so that they brown on the other side. Press it down again with the spatula.
If there is a too much of sticking, you can add a little butter to the pan. Now Continue to cook in this manner until the potatoes & the corned beef gets nicely browned.
4) Stir in parsley & black pepper to serve: -Remove from heat, stir in the chopped parsley. Now Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper and add salt as per taste.
Serve this with fried or poached eggs for breakfast.