Dal makhani recipe | How to make dal makhana
It is recipe is very popular in Punjab, as it is originated from there. And it is liked in all over India by people very much. Almost every Dhaba in India has this recipe in their menu card.
Truck drivers love this dish, you too can make this at your home very easily by following simple steps. Many of you might search on the net such as viscosity meaning in Tamil, thick meaning in Hindi, makhani meaning, all answers to your questions you will get here. so l lets start making it.
Ingredient Checklist :
Decrease Serving 6
Original recipe yields 6 servings
2 tbsp salt
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup of cooking oil
- 1 ½ cups of chopped onion
- one tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- one tbspcurry powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- one tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- one tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ie,15 ounce , can crushed tomatoes
- one cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- one tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Procedure How to make the perfect dal makhani
1) first Sprinkle the chicken breasts with 2 tbsp salt.
2) Heat the oil in large skillet over a high heat; now partially cook the chicken in the hot oil in batches until it gets completely browned. Transfer the browned chicken breasts into a plate & set aside.
3) now,Reduce the heat under the skillet to a medium /high; add the onions, garlic, & ginger to the oil remaining in skillet & cook and stir until the onion turns translucent, for about 8 min. Stir continuesly the curry powder, , and 1 tablespoon of water into the onion mixture, coriander, cayenne; allow to heat it together for about 1 min while stirring. Mix the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, yogurt and 1 teaspoon salt into a mixture. Return the chicken breast to the skillet along with any of juices on the plate. Pour 1/2 cup of water into the mixture; bring to a boil, turning the chicken to coat with a sauce. Sprinkle the garam masala & 1 tablespoon cilantro over the chicken surface.
4) Cover the skillet & simmer until the chicken breasts are remain no longer pink in the center & the juices run clear out, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer is inserted into the center should read at least of 74 degrees C. Sprinkle with lemon juice to serve and enjoy the tasty chicken curry.
Nutritions Per Serving:
426 calories | 24 g total fat | 96 mg cholesterol | 137 mg sodium | 14g carbohydrates | 38 g protein