Pav bhaji recipe | In Mumbai style
It is one of the most popular Indian food. It is delicious spicy bhaji served along with butter-laden pav. .Every fast food restaurant serves this.
It is the most ordered dish on the menu which is enjoyed by all ages of people. now Learn here how to make restaurant-style at your home in the easiest possible way.
This recipe requires very less effort & cleaning without compromising on the taste .friends this is the only recipe you will love a lot.
Some of you may be searching for पाव भाजी in Marathi ie, pav bhaji recipe in Marathi or in Hindi , we will make soon it in all max languages for you. But regards this is very much searched by the people on the internet. Generally, I search on google, now no need to search, coz we will learn together.
As we know that we get the best in Mumbai. So, let’s know what is it, we have also provided recipe images with this.
WHAT IS THIS PAV BHAJI ?
There are two parts of this dish-
First is Pav means round bread . They are slathered with butter & cooked on a pan .
&, the second one is Bhaji which is smashed mixed vegetable curry cooked with the required special masala & loads of butter.
Both Pav & Bhaji are served together along with the chopped onions & lemon. This combination is finger-licking dam good. If you never ate it then you are seriously missing something in your life.
How make Pav Bhaji at home ?
You can make it in the traditional way in the pan. This requires finely chopping for everything .right from Boiling potatoes, peas & cauliflower separately & then after adding everything to the pan . This method requires you to continue stirring the bhaji often & by monitoring it.
I prefer making it in a pressure cooker. All I have to do is putting all ingredients in the Instant Pot without pre-boiling anything & Bhaji is ready in no time.
Bhaji is made with a blend of various types of vegetables. It is a fridge clean out the recipe . You can use vegetables like onions, potatoes, plantains, tomatoes, cauliflower, green peas, bell peppers to make Bhaji. it is made different methods in every household. Some variations may include carrots, broccoli & green beans, baingan too.
There are two types of methods you can make masala
- ) making masala from scratch using dry spices
2. ) improvising with the garam masala & If you have garam masala here is what you should do- 2 tbsp of garam masala + 1 tbsp of Indian red chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black or white pepper
- 1/2 inch cinamon sticks
- 2 count javitri
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp black salt
- 6 whole red dry chilli
- 4 tbsp cori&er seed
- 4 cloves
- 5 black cardamom
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
1. Switch on Instant Pot.
2. Add 1 tbsp oil & 1 tbsp of butter .
3. Once it is warm add in the onions & stir it until translucent or brownish , approx. 2 minutes
4. Add in meshed garlic ,1 tbsp of red chili powder & the 2 tbsp of pav bhaji masala. Stir it for 10 seconds .
5. Add in 1 cup of water & deglaze the pot .
6. Add in everything else & give it a quick stir .
7. Secure the IP lid . Cancel Sautee mode & press manual HIGH for 12 minutes .
8. The black knob on the lid should be on the SEALING position.
9. Once the IP beeps then let the pressure come down naturally .
10. When the silver pin drops down , turn knob to venting & carefully open the lid.
11. Smash the bhaji with a potato masher or immersion blender.
12. Gives it a taste test & adjust seasoning to your preference .
13. Add in 4 tbsp of butter , 1/2 tbsp reserved masala & give it a quick mix.
14. Add in cilantro & reserve extra for garnishing .
15. Turn on the IP to Sautee mode & let the bhaji cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
16. You will have to constantly stir it or the bhaji will splatter a lot.
17. Cover the IP with a external lid as Bhaji for avoiding splatter.