Poha Recipe with step by step photos. It is a popular Indian breakfast recipe made from red or white flattened…it is a popular Maharashtrian breakfast
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
Recipe – How to Make Breakfast
Here you will learn step by step – it is a popular Maharashtrian breakfast recipe made from white flattened rice, and spices.
This recipe is especially known as Kanda poha. This is a Maharashtrian word for flattened rice ,here Kanda means onions.
In some areas in this recipe potato is added instead of onions as per interest. few people like to add both onions & potatoes. So, there are many ways /types of making recipes.
In some time we are going to give you all types of breakfast recipes. I know you will search on the web in Hindi, recipe video, soon you will see all this on our website. it in Tamil is called as flattened rice, matar in English, as it has different names. Really these are very famous in Maharashtra. We have also provided images in this recipe article.
Some Tips For Making poha
1. While making it after rinsing them properly, press a grain and if it gets crushed easily so that water gets removed then it is soft enough to be cooked. Otherwise, if it is dry & does not gets mashed easily after that sprinkle a little water over it & mix them well.
2. The best way to rinse it in a strainer under the running water & do not soak it in water for long time otherwise they may get destroyed. Rinsing it will softens them very easily.
3. Adding boiled peas or carrot while making the recipe, makes this dish more healthy & nutritious.
4. You can also add grated coconut in the It but this is your choice.
1. Rinse it (flattened rice) in water till they soften.
2. It should lose their crunchiness , and they should easily get crushed/mashed and Keep them aside for some time.
3. Now add salt and turmeric powder to It & mix it very gently.
4. Nextly roast the peanuts in a pan till they get little brown and become crunchy.
5. take the oil in the same pan and heat them.
6. first Crackle the mustard seeds.
7. Then add onions in oil ,till they become translucent.
8. Add curry leaves ie,curry patta and green chilies.
9. Saute it for half of minute.
10. now add the roasted peanuts that we did already and stir it properly.
11. Add them in pan and stir for a while.
12. Cover it and steam them for about 2 to 3 minutes on low flame.
13. While it is cooking always check after 1 or 1.5 minutes & stir it, again and again, close the pan & let it cook for some time,
14. Switch off the fire/flame and now let them be remain covered for 1 to 3 minu.
15. finally Remove the lid & sprinkle some coriander leaves, lemon juice, and the grated coconut.