Polenta Recipe Bring water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan; pour it slowly into boiling water, whisking constantly until all it is stirred
this is nothing than coarsely ground cornmeal. The traditional ratio is 1 part polenta and 4 parts of water, but I always like to measure it of a full cup. I always use chicken broth instead of using water. It is a perfect base for the any kind of saucy meat or the mushroom ragout. So lets get started.
1) cup polenta
2) 1 teaspoon fine salt
3) 4 cups water
4) 3 tablespoons butter, divided
5) half cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnishing
- Prepairation time 15 min
- Cooking 36 min
- Gets Ready In 56 min
1. First Bring water and salt for boiling in a large saucepan,now pour it slowly into boiling water, whisking very constantly till all it is stirred in properly and there are no lumps.
2. Decerease down the heat to low and simmer; whisking oftenly, until the it starts to thicken,for about 5 minutes. Its mixture should still be slightly loose only. Cover it and cook for 30 minutes, whisking it for every 5 – 6 minutes. When it gets too thick to whisk, stir it with the wooden spoon. it is finished when texture is creamy and the individual grains are tender crushed.
3. Finally Turn off gas and gently sprinkel 2 tablespoons of butter into it until butter partially gets melts; mix well half cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in it until cheese gets melted. Cover it and let stand for 5 minutes for thickning; stir it and taste for the salt before transferring it to a serving bowl. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for garnish purpose and your dish is ready. you can try this at your home. and enjoy the taste.
Try this dish at your home ,you will definitely love this one.
Nutrition Facts :
Per Servings: 292 calories | fat: 14.7 g | carbohydrates: 31 g | protein: 9.2 g | cholesterol: 34 mg | sodium: 1185 mg