It is very famous among all the cakes. It tastes great and not even the taste it looks beautiful too. as the name suggests its color is as per name red color. Any cake that is layered & slathered with a cream cheese frosting then obviously carrot cake comes to mind can sit by me, with a huge spoon. Out of all the cakes, this one is my favorite.
You will learn here how to do cake icing and many more . red velvet is inspired from the velvet cloth which looks very royal in look.
It Steals heart Every Time
Everyone in this world needs love. And to express love red color is a sign of love. this cake literally steals everyone’s heart, it tastes great and mouth-watering. whenever we see its images we fall in its love.
Most of the time we search on the internet just to see this cake if we are missing it and want to eat it. It looks very beautiful. Red velvet cheesecake is another type.
Any cake that is layered & slathered with a cream cheese frosting then obviously carrot cake comes to mind can sit by me, with a huge spoon. Out of all the cakes, this one is my favorite.
What is red velvet cake?
Is it chocolate? Is it vanilla? WHAT IS IT!.
The most incredible Cake with the Cream Cheese Frosting is always fluffy, buttery,soft and moist with most perfect velvet texture.it is Super easy to make with a few tips & tricks for the best results!! You will go mad for a second slice of cake!
- Prepairation time:15 MINS
- Cooking time: 25 MINS
- TOTAL time: 40 MINS
- SERVES: As per SLICES
- 2 1/2 tbsp of 45ml red food colouring liquid
- 2 teaspoons of 10ml pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of 20ml white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups of 350g plain cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- one teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of 250ml buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of 120g unsalted butter,kept at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of 300g caster sugar/fine white granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of 10g unsweetened cocoa powder+ 1 tablespoon extra for dusting purpose
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 14 ounces ie, 400g cream cheese [not spreadable], at room temperature
- 1/2 cup ie,120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups of confectioners/icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
How to Make
1) Preheat Heat oven to 350°F/ 175°C. Lightly grease the two 8-inch cake pans with butter or the nonstick oil spray and lightly dust it with 1 tbsp of the sifted cocoa powder.
2) Cream butter & sugar together until gets light in colour. Add eggs one at time, beating well after each addition to mix well.
3) In a smaller bowl, mix the together oil, remaining cocoa powder, the red food colouring and vanilla until smooth. Stir the colour mixture & vinegar through the creamed sugar mixture to combine properly.
4) Sift together flour, salt, baking soda in a separate bowl. Add half of dry ingredients and half of the buttermilk to wet ingredients; mix them well. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients & buttermilk.
5) Divide the batter among the 2 prepared pans & bake for about 25- 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out cleanly. Cool on the wire rack completely.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
1) Beat together the cream cheese, butter & vanilla until smooth lighter in colour (for about 3-4 minutes). Beat in the icing sugar until frosting is light & fluffy (if frosting is too thin,then add more icing sugar & beat again until reaching your desired consistency).
Optional if using:- mix in lemon juice.
1) Transfer 1 cake onto a serving dish or plate, flat-side as down. Trim the top dome/hill off of the cake to create a flat bottom later. Scoop about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of frosting onto cake & spread evenly over the top.
2) Place the second cake layer on top and use the remaining frosting to cover top and sides of cake
3) Crumble trimmed pieces of cake for decoration.
Enjoy the taste of cake!
*To make your own buttermilk, mix 1 cup of full cream milk with 1 teaspon vinegar before baking. Allow milk to sour for 5 to 10 minutes.
Calories: 606kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.7mg