Roasted Parsnips recipe are simple to make and incredibly delicious as a veg side to any dinner. Parsnips are a root veg in the carrot family.
Parsnip Recipes are very simple to make and very delicious in taste as a vegetable side to dinner. They are haveing a natural sweetness that caramelize in the oven for a tasty flavor.
Prep cook Time15 minutes Then Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Total Servings 6 Calories 231kcal
- 3 lbs of parsnips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven at 426F.
- Peel off, then cut them into equally sized matchsticks.
- Place these pieces in a large bowl and toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Then after Evenly distribute these on a baking sheet in a single layer, making sure that they have a little room on their sides to brown and for caramelizing.
- Roast them for about 20-26 minutes, until the it start to turn into golden brown on the edges. Toss it to redistribute, then roast for another 11-15 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Lastly, Serve them warm and enjoy the taste inside the mouth.Notes
Note while cooking:
The exact time may vary depending upon how big the matchsticks are. That's when you know they're done.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 180mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g
What are Parsnips?
this are a root vegetable in carrot family. They looks fatter, white carrot. Some of the people describe the taste of it like spicy carrot, but I don’t view them this way. it taste sweeter than the carrots, with a nutty and have earthy flavor taste.
So to have better taste, try to choose smaller. My store sells them pre-packaged in bags, so I usually don’t have much choice, but I look among the bags and try to select smaller ones from there.
How to Cut it in proper shape?
they look annoying to cut into even pieces because the size usually varies hugely from top to bottom, but it’s actually pretty easy. Then you can cut the bottom smaller part in half, and the larger tops into thirds or quarters so everything is about the same size and cooks evenly. You can cut it into coin-like shape, but toward the larger tops of the parsnip, you’ll have to cut them into half-moons because it’s so much bigger than the thin bottoms of the parsnip.
Once you have the parsnip matchsticks, place them in a big bowl and toss with oil, salt, and pepper: Distribute them in a single layer on a baking sheet:Roast these parsnips for about 30 minutes toss once throughout, until the they are caramelized and till they get golden brown on the edges and tender color in the middle: